Amanda support and backup servers

John Beimler ncsa-discussion@ncsysadmin.org
26 Nov 2002 06:54:55 -0500

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 11:52:03PM -0500, John Turner wrote:
> Right now they are looking at products from BakBone, Legato, Veritas,
> Tivoli so I would be interested in knowing what other local companies
> are using for network backups.

I've worked with NetBackup for the last three years, and have been
impressed by it even before I began working for VERITAS.  In a large
enterprise set up it can be difficult to set up, but otherwise it is a
great product and has a huge list of supported clients.  I was very
happy with the support I received as a customer.

john