[ncsa!] Strangely Quiet?

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Mon Sep 13 09:24:38 EDT 2004

on Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 09:22:06AM -0400, Brian Henning wrote:
> > The NC*SA discussion list is typically very low volume.  But please
> > don't let that discourage you from bucking the trend!
>
> Oh, I don't really plan to, unless something happens and I need help.
>
> > Re. Joe's comment:  the subject line did look a little spammy.  It
> > would be nice if the NC*SA list manager would add a [label] to the
> > subject line, IMHO.
>
> I agree completely. NC*SA is, in fact, so far the only list of which I've
> been a member that *didn't* do exactly that.  I just didn't want to sound
> presumptuous by recommending it. (-:

People, people. Support your local RFC 2368/2919 headers!

        <mailto:ncsa-discussion-request at ncsysadmin.org?subject=subscribe>

That should be plenty to filter on. If nothing else, you ought to be able
to hack together a quick procmail recipe that prefixes the Subject: line
with all manner of identifying strings.

--
join us!   http://hesketh.com/about/careers/web_designer.html       join us!
join us!   http://hesketh.com/about/careers/account_manager.html    join us!