US-CERT

Brett L Feller felle002 at mc.duke.edu
Thu Apr 28 08:26:16 EDT 2005

I would not argue against that statement.

Brett Feller
IT Analyst, DHTS Customer Support

e-mail:   brett.feller at duke.edu
Office - (919) 668-0595

                      Jeff The Riffer
                      <riffer at vaxer.net>                 To:       ncsa-discussion at ncsysadmin.org
                      Sent by:                           cc:
                      ncsa-discussion-bounces at ncs        Subject:  US-CERT
                      ysadmin.org

                      04/28/2005 08:12 AM
                      Please respond to NC*SA
                      Discussion List

Is it just me, or has CERT become utterly useless since they were taken
over by the feds?

I just got a US-CERT alert about Oracle vulnerabilities... An alert I
received over a WEEK AGO from at least two other sources (including
Oracle).

And they don't even report the vast majority of security flaws being
found...

#     riffer at vaxer.net - Jeff The Riffer - Drifter... - Homo Postmortemus
#
# Disclaimer: I am not a number, I am a free man, and my thoughts are my
own. #
# GCS$ d-- H++ s:++ !g p+ au0 a31 w+ v?(*) C++ UA P? L 3 E---- N++ K- W--
M+ V#
# po--- Y+ t+ 5+ !j R G' tv b+ D++ B--- e+ u--- h--- f+ r+++ n- y+++*
#