US-CERT

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Thu Apr 28 08:41:05 EDT 2005

On Thu, April 28, 2005 8:12 am, Jeff The Riffer said:

> Is it just me, or has CERT become utterly useless since they were
> taken
> over by the feds?
>
> I just got a US-CERT alert about Oracle vulnerabilities... An alert I
> received over a WEEK AGO from at least two other sources (including
> Oracle).
>
> And they don't even report the vast majority of security flaws being
> found...
>
>  ####################==============----
> #     riffer at vaxer.net - Jeff The Riffer - Drifter... - Homo

I too have noticed they aren't putting out bulletins as well as they
used to.  Of course now they have several levels of bulletins that you
can subscribe to, so it would surprise me if their db got messed up
and re-subscribing wouldn't hurt if you think your missing bulletins.
Dell hadn't sent me Dell Watch updates in months, now their flowing
through my door.  Funny thing about CERT getting bulletins out late;
they still send them to me before M$ does :)

Matt Pusateri