daylight saving time algorithm changing

Rob McCauley robmccau at radonc.duke.edu
Tue Aug 9 00:33:44 EDT 2005

I thought daylight savings time in general was a pointless annoyance until
I saw estimates of how much energy it saves.  Yeah, I guess I'll buy that
it'll save energy.  I don't believe that it's the most useful thing we
could do to save energy, but that's a whole 'nother email. :)  Anyway,
it's something.

Does NTP handle daylight savings time?  I was under the impression it just
syncs UTC and leaves the local host to figure out what that looks like in
the local timezone.

Rob

Rob McCauley, GCFA
Senior IT Analyst