OT: SI vs Imperial [was re: daylight saving time algorithm changing]

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Tue Aug 23 09:00:55 EDT 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Warren Myers wrote:
> Perspective may have some to do with it. But since our perspective is the
> imperial system, and not SI, English units are better.

If the US had adopted the Metric system at the appropriate time, we would
not have lost a very expensive probe destined to Mars.

It's really pathetically childish for the US to cling to the English
system. Hell, I don't even know the metric system that well but recoginize
how much cost and hassle it creates for businesses in the US to have to
deal with converting systems all the time.