Windows XP Anonymous Logon

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Fri Dec 9 12:54:20 EST 2005

Hi Guys,
   Got what may be a sort of stupid question, the answer to which I
really ought to know (but don't).

I have two (well, more, but two examples) similarly-configured Windows
XP Professional SP2 machines.  One allows anonymous enumeration of its
shared resources.  One does not.  What's the difference and how do I
make it change?  Most of the articles I've come across in googling have
not been helpful.  I need to be able to make a printer accessible to
everyone on our LAN, and we don't use a domain or AD, nor do I want to
have to set up users for every single person on the LAN on the host
machine (which is just a workstation).

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
~Brian