windows: NTLDR not found

Chamblee.Carolyn at epamail.epa.gov Chamblee.Carolyn at epamail.epa.gov
Thu Sep 8 13:32:53 EDT 2005

Look at this site.  It tells you how to create a boot cd and replace
bios with update.
http://www.bootdisk.com/

             Jeff The Riffer
             <riffer at vaxer.ne
             t>                                                      To
             Sent by:                 liyunyu at med.unc.edu, NC*SA
             ncsa-discussion-         Discussion List
             bounces at ncsysadm         <ncsa-discussion at ncsysadmin.org>
             in.org                                                  cc

                                                                Subject
             09/08/2005 01:28         Re: windows: NTLDR not found
             PM

              Please respond
             NC*SA Discussion
                   List
             <ncsa-discussion
             @ncsysadmin.org>

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Liyun Yu wrote:
> It seems to me that the "NTLRD" error indicated there was a
> communication problem between the BIOS and the hard disk drive, if the
> same drive booted ok from a different hardware/CPU-Box.

Yeah you're right. It's gotta be a BIOS issue since the systems are
identical in terms of hardware. If the BIOS doesn't support the larger
capacity hard drives it may not be able to boot.

There's a whole bunch of fun limitations one needs to deal with between
the hard drive, the controller, the BIOS and the OS.

For more information than any sane person needs on all that, see:

             http://www.storagereview.com/guide/guide_index.html

#     riffer at vaxer.net - Jeff The Riffer - Drifter... - Homo
Postmortemus     #
# Disclaimer: I am not a number, I am a free man, and my thoughts are my
own. #
# GCS$ d-- H++ s:++ !g p+ au0 a31 w+ v?(*) C++ UA P? L 3 E---- N++ K-
W-- M+ V#
# po--- Y+ t+ 5+ !j R G' tv b+ D++ B--- e+ u--- h--- f+ r+++ n- y+++*
#