USENIX and SAGE LISA '05 Registration Now Open (37010) (fwd)

Dan Singer des at cs.duke.edu
Tue Sep 13 10:28:10 EDT 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David_Blank-Edelman at usenix.org
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:05:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: USENIX and SAGE LISA '05 Registration Now Open (37010)

Dear Colleague,

On behalf of all of the LISA '05 organizers, I'd like to invite you to
join us in San Diego for the 19th Large Installation System
Administration Conference.

For the past 18 years LISA has been the focal point for the global
community of system and network administrators. This year LISA continues
that tradition, featuring innovative tools and techniques essential for
your professional and technical development.

Back by popular demand: 6 days of training. Select from over 50
tutorials taught by highly expert instructors, including:

-- Rik Farrow on Hands-on Linux Security

-- Dan Bailey on 802.11 Wireless Network Penetration Testing

-- Richard Bejtlich on Network Incidence Response

-- Jacob Farmer on Disk-to-Disk Backup

-- and more . . .

The full training program can be found at
http://www.usenix.org/lisa05/training/

In addition to the training, 3 days of technical sessions include
top-notch refereed papers, informative invited talks, and expert Guru Is
In sessions. http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa05/tech/

* Our invited talks feature our most impressive slate of speakers to
date. They include:

-- Keynote Speaker Qi Lu, Vice President of Engineering, Yahoo! Inc., on
"Scaling Search Beyond the Public Web"

-- Matt Blaze, University of Pennsylvania, on "Picking Locks with
Cryptology"

-- Kevin Bankston, EFF, on "How Sysadmins Can Protect Free Speech and
Privacy on the Electronic Frontier"

-- Dan Kaminsky, DoxPara Research, on "Network Black Ops: Extracting
Unexpected Functionality from Existing Networks"

-- Andrew Cowie, Operational Dynamics, on "Modern Trends in UNIX and
Linux Infrastructure Management"

-- Terry Slattery, Netcordia, Inc., on "Silly Network Management Tricks"

* LISA is the premier forum for presenting new research in system
administration. We selected papers from over 50 submissions, showcasing
state-of-the-art work on topics including spam/email, intrusion and
vulnerability detection, security, system integrity, and more.

* New! Hit the Ground Running Track: Get a head start on key
technologies with 15-minute talks in the new Hit the Ground Running
Track. Imagine someone coming up to you and saying, "OK, here are the
top 5 things you have to know to get started with topic x. Here are the
acronyms you'll encounter, here are the two basic concepts, here are
some good Web sites and books you'll want to look at to get deeper into
this topic." You'll get all that and more from this new track.

* Bring your perplexing technical questions to experts at LISA's unique
Guru Is In sessions.

* And much more . . .

Explore the latest commercial innovations at the Vendor Exhibition.

Benefit from new opportunities for peer interaction around the topics
that mean the most to you.

For complete program information and to register, see
http://www.usenix.org/lisa05/proga

For a behind-the-scenes look at the conference and a sneak preview of
some of the cool new things happening this year, visit the LISA '05 blog
at http://blog.lisaconference.org/

Early registration discounts for LISA '05, taking place December 4-9,
2005, in San Diego, CA, are now available. Register by Friday, November
18, and save up to $300!

We're pleased to bring LISA back to San Diego and look forward to seeing
you there.

David N. Blank-Edelman, Northeastern University CCIS
LISA '05 Program Chair
lisa05chair at usenix.org

USENIX does not share, sell, rent, or exchange email addresses of
its members or conference attendees. We would like to continue
sending you occasional announcements like this one. However, if you
no longer wish to receive these announcements, please reply to this
message and include the word REMOVE in the body. Please do not alter
the subject line, as we need your ID number in order to process your
request.

Please send e-mail to David Blank-Edelman at lisa05chair at usenix.org;
David_Blank-Edelman at usenix.org is for automated mail processing only.

If you have any questions about the mailing list, please send email
to office at usenix.org. We may also be reached via postal mail at:

USENIX Association
2560 9th Street, Suite 215
Berkeley CA 94710