windows: NTLDR not found

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Sep 15 10:06:51 EDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Liyun Yu wrote:

> Hi, Joe,
>
> More thoughts:

although I couldn't move a W2K disk from my 390E to my 600E,
I now (after bios upgrades? different phase of the moon?)
find that I can install w2k on the target machine. That
solves my main problem. Thanks for your help getting me
through this.

I installed on a 6G partition. Having a 10G disk, I expanded
the partition with partition magic to the full disk (where I
got warnings that I was over the 1024 cylinder limit and it
may not boot). Presumably since I was only adding diskspace
to the partition, no files on the disk were moved. The boot
process got right to the end before I got a BSOD-like screen
telling me about disk access problems, viruses etc. I then
used partition magic to get the disk down to 2G,
defragmented the disk (packing the files down the bottom)
and then used partition magic to get the 10G partition again
where it boots just fine.

The 1024 cylinder limit is at 7G. Am I going to get into
trouble when some program tries to rw to space above the
1024 cylinder limit?

Thanks Joe