revisiting the anonymous browse issue

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Wed Jan 11 11:39:37 EST 2006

Hiya folks,
   I asked this question a couple months ago and sadly none of the sage
advice I received ended up being useful..  I still have two XP Pro
machines, both with SP2, one of which allows anonymous browse of its
shared resources and one does not (a recap of the example net view
output is below).

Anyhow, now I have another machine that is refusing anonymous browse,
and I need to figure out how to get it allowed.

So.  If anyone else has advice, that'd be great.  Also great would be
pointers to other lists or IRC channels that would be appropriate for
posing this question.

Cheers and thanks,
~Brian

P.S.: The sample net view output: