revisiting the anonymous browse issue

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Wed Jan 11 12:06:03 EST 2006

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Here's what I found that solved the problem.

Steps:
1) Turn ON "Simple File Sharing"
2) Go to "Sharing and Security" for a shared folder.
3) Notice that it indicates that "Remote access to this computer has
been disabled"
4) Click the link to activate remote access without using the wizard and
answer confirmation dialog appropriately.
5) Turn OFF "Simple File Sharing"

...and done.

Argh.  I know that the change that the above steps enacts can be found
somewhere by more direct means, but I don't remember where.

Cheers,
~Brian