looking for windows (w2k) backup solution

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Jan 17 13:17:22 EST 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> If you're looking for incremental/daily backups I can recommend
> backuppc which I use to do daily backups of both my wife's windows
> machine

after a windows crash, and starting from a formatted but
otherwise blank harddisk, how do you restore your windows
machine? Do you run the client on linux with the new disk
mounted under linux? If so, then the disk would have to be
VFAT for linux to be able to write to it.

There are some files on windows that don't get copied with
copy or xcopy and this is the reason you use ghost. Do you
know if backuppc handles those?

Thanks Joe