looking for windows (w2k) backup solution

Stephen Joyce stephen at physics.unc.edu
Tue Jan 17 09:35:10 EST 2006

backuppc works fine for our *nix machines. It has an interesting design
and seems to work as well as some commercial solutions I looked at. But I
haven't used it on Windows.

I was always under the impression that you can't get a full restore with it
on Windows because it doesn't back up the non-unix file attributes and
cannot backup locked files... Probably OK for users' documents, but I
wouldn't trust it on %windir%. See
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/limitations.html for details.

Cheers, Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C

The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.