looking for windows (w2k) backup solution

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Wed Jan 18 21:25:38 EST 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> I'm glad disks are cheap now.

Speaking of disks, Addonics makes some really nifty removable drive
equipment:

 	http://www.addonics.com/

You can buy a 5.25" bay unit to install in your system, then put a 3.5" hard
drive in an enclosure and be able to swap drives around without having to
crack the PC. Big time saver, :)

I opted for a solution that allows me to do hot swappable IDE drives on my
SATA interface. Plus the drive in the enclosure can be connected directly to
any PC via USB and used like a standard external hard drive.

So all this makes a GREAT backup setup. Just buy a $50 hard drive (look for
good rebate deals at Best Buy, CompUSA, etc), put it in an enclosure and
then stick it in the Addonics cradle on your PC. You can use whatever backup
system you choose.

g4u is a good disk imaging tool from what I've read. There's also
DriveSnapshot:
 		http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

Though personally I use Ghost.