[NCSA-discuss] windows cleanup following gratuitous download

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Oct 27 10:37:23 EDT 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Liyun Yu wrote:

> Hi, John,
>
> I believe this is a very good topic!
>
> Is it possible to coordinate an event like this
> in this area? How about we from NC*SA host an event
> with sponsors for the kids like a bootcamp?

We could get M$ to sponsor it. :-) (I'm sure they'd be
pleased to find a bunch of unix experts training kids to use
Windows.)

Possibly better would be an NCSA webpage describing the
problem and the cures. Kids come on the problem at different
ages and different times. It would be hard to find a bunch
of kids all of who want the information, and whose parents
would be prepared to drive them to the presentation on the
night we chose to deliver it. Offering to talk at schools
would probably not be well received either - the school's
computer staff might feel their turf encroached on and kids
might not be terribly interested in another talk by an adult
stanger on the perils of dope, viruses.... (I'm reminded of
a skit by Cheech and Chong).

Joe