[NCSA-discuss] firewall for WinXP

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Sep 19 21:48:33 EDT 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Alan Porter wrote:

> Joe, personally I would only run a Windows box behind a Linux firewall.

easy enough to do at home, but I have to take the machine
with me. I don't want to be picking up stuff and I don't
want to then leave stuff either. For what I need, it will
just be a base install, with firefox and openoffice etc. I
just need to pull stuff down from the internet
occassionally.

> But that's just me. I'm sure there are several others who
> would say that the built-in Windows firewall is as good as
> iptables, shorewall, or whatever else you run under Linux.

I'm wondering if anyone knows.

Joe