[NCSA-discuss] SANS 2007, Mar29-Apr6, San Diego (fwd)

Dan Singer des at cs.duke.edu
Mon Feb 26 22:44:46 EST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The SANS Institute <sans at sans.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007  1:13:25 +0000
Subject: First Come, First Served - New Opportunities at SANS 2007

Hello [me],

Its hard to believe that SANS 2007 begins in just five weeks and that
the $250 discount deadline is just a few days away.  We are pleased to
let you know about new opportunities that SANS is offering at SANS 2007
in San Diego, March 29-April 6! (http://www.sans.org/info/3971)

HANDS-ON LABS
On April 1, 3, and 4, we will be offering hands-on labs during evenings
and lunch breaks for students that have registered for:

 - SEC 502: Perimeter Protection In-Depth with GCFW certification attempt
 - SEC 503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth with GCIA certification attempt
 - SEC 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling with GCIH
certification attempt
 - SEC 508: System Forensics, Investigation & Response with GCFA
certification attempt

These hands-on labs are designed for enrichment and are part of our
developing program to ensure that GIAC certification holders really can
do the job. In the future this type of testing will be required of all
certification candidates.

As you can imagine, there are limited seats for the laboratory
environment, so we offer these on a first come, first served basis. A
note similar to this was sent to students that have already registered
and paid for these courses at SANS.  There is no additional cost to use
the hands-on labs. But please note that you must have purchased the
certification attempt for one of these classes in order to participate.
So when you register for SANS 2007, be sure to opt in for certification!
Details will be posted on the SANS Information Bulletin Board on-site
or can be obtained at the SANS Registration Desk on-site.

SANS VENDOR HOSTED LINEUP EXPANDED
While SANS has always maintained a vendor-neutral approach to training,
we recognize that sometimes you need to hear from the vendors!  So last
year we initiated a new series of vendor specific courses called the
SANS Hosted Series. From small beginnings, it has now grown to include
13 different courses from various vendors, and we offer them all to you
at SANS 2007.  The schedule includes:

 - Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and
Accreditation Process (DIACAP) Training
 - Vigilars MCSE 2003: Security Boot Camp Seminar
 - NIST SP 800-37
 - Security Log Secrets for Windows and Active Directory
 - Sourcefire: Building and Operating: Source Snort(R)
 - Sourcefire: Snort(R) Rules
 - USENIX Training: Administering Linux in Production Environments
 - USENIX Training: Advanced Perl Programming
 - USENIX Training: Beyond Shell Scripts: 21st-Century Automation Tools
and Techniques
 - USENIX Training: High-capacity Email System Design
 - USENIX Training: Solaris 10 Administration Workshop
 - USENIX Training: Solaris 10 Security Features Workshop
 - Vigilar's IntenseSchool Authorized CCNA(R) Business Boot Camp

Course descriptions for all of the above courses can be found at
http://www.sans.org/info/3976.

REGISTER TODAY!
Seats are filling quickly, so register today at
http://www.sans.org/info/3971 to make sure you get your first choice of
courses. And don't forget - the $250 registration discount is only
available through Wednesday, February 28.  So act now to get the most
savings!

I look forward to meeting you in San Diego!

Kind regards,
Stephen Northcutt
SANS 2007
March 29-April 6, 2006
http://www.sans.org/sans2007/

mailing list, visit the site above, click on "update your account" and
check the box "Do not send any email."