[NCSA-discuss] Meeting schedule

Len Boyle Len.Boyle at sas.com
Wed Jan 23 16:03:45 EST 2008

Feb is scheduled to be Eric of EMC, One of the first ncsa folks when he worked for sun.

I have a tenative commitment from an sun engineer who is good.
He just needs to know what topic would the group like.

     Some things that come to mind for me.

1) Open solaris. That is how to work with the source. Maybe this would be a good topic to share with the trilug group.

2) Dtrace

3) Perforamance issues (amd vs sparc vs the T2 chips vs the others).
For this we might be able to Jim Mauro who was one of the authors of "Solaris Performance and Tools"

3) Virtualization

4) other

- Maybe we could get the IBM guys who said in the backup of the room for the IBM talk on blades to talk. He also teaches at NCSU. Is talk could be on dist computing.

-Maybe someone from Netapp to talk about the latest NFSv4 support

-Maybe some from Netapp to talk about the gx support.

-I know a salesman that moved from veritas to 3par and would like to give a talk.

-Security issues.

-Any one that could give a talk on grid computing?

-Veritas and EMC have new source level dedupe backup systems, that might be a good topic.

-Maybe a return vist of M. Gettes of Duke Univ.

-Others