[NCSA-discuss] Meeting schedule

Engle, Victor Victor.Engle at netapp.com
Wed Jan 23 17:00:06 EST 2008

Thanks Len. Sounds like some good topics in the works.

I had chatted with Lyon late last year about having one of our engineers
do a presentation on FCoE, Fibre Channel over Ethernet. There is a lot
of storage industry interest in FCoE. If that's of interest to the group
I can go back to our Engineer and work out availability dates. Please
let me know.

A couple other interesting topics with regard to Solaris would be
Solaris' new LDom virtualization technology and ZFS. In addition, I
would think the tight integration between zones/containers and ZFS in
the more recent versions of Nevada would be quite an interesting topic
for sys admins.

If I could suggest something and at the same time volunteer my time if
needed. I have been to a few meetings and for the most part they seem
lightly attended. I recall the Lenovo speakers seemed to be openly
disappointed with the attendance. I think we might improve attendance if
we kept the website up to date with meeting / presentation schedules. At
the moment the site says our next meeting is Jan 16, 2008 and no
information regarding future presentations is posted at all.

Thanks,
Vic