[NCSA-discuss] SANS RDU Winter 2008

Brian Wilson wilson-ml at bubba.org
Sun Sep 14 20:40:40 EDT 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Jeff The Riffer wrote:

> SANS will be hosting a community training event the first week of
> December
> here in Raleigh, NC. Event details are here:
>
> 	http://www.sans.org/raleigh08_cs/description.php?tid=1717
>
> Registration is ~$3,000 for the full 6 days (Dec 1-6). This is a very
> technical and advanced training course, it focuses on penetration
> testing
> and ethical use of hacking techniques. A laptop is required, but not
> provided.
>
> Organizations interested in technical "on the frontline" training
> for their
> IT engineers should consider it.

Not to thread crap, but you want to save a bit of money OR can't
"afford" to take a week off of work, you could opt for the same class
(SEC-560) in Cary during the evenings (Thursday, October 16, 2008 -
Thursday, December 18, 2008).   Prices go up September 18th, so check
your schedules now.

http://www.sans.org/mentor/details.php?nid=14058

I took the class last year in DC and it was great.   You have any
specific questions about the class, feel free to ask me.  If have
questions about the Mentor Class class, you can send them to me and I
can pass them on to the instructor.

Brian