[NCSA-discuss] RAID recommendations?

Simon Karpen simon at karpens.org
Fri Dec 17 16:05:11 EST 2010

It all depends on your budget, but what about going for an external JBOD
like

http://www.siliconmechanics.com/c1153/storform-jbods.php

(much better bang for the buck / rack space / etc than the Dell MD
series or similar)

and stick a controller in the server itself? (if you don't already have
a controller with the appropriate ports, that is)

--Simon

Simon Karpen                                      simon at karpens.org
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, it is not
necessarily a good idea.
                          -- Ross Callon, RFC1925