[NCSA-discuss] windows firewall question

Kevin Wilcox kevin at tux.appstate.edu
Thu Dec 15 11:05:15 EST 2011

On 14 December 2011 22:08, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:

<snip>

> Any windows firewalls that work the way I want?
>
> Any other ideas?

I don't know how the licence would affect your friend (business use
versus personal could be an issue) but I'd look at K9 from BlueCoat.
Ultimately I'd say putting a Soekris or Alix box in front of his
connection with domain whitelisting via squid would be THE preferred
route but if that's not an option, I'd definitely look at K9. It
should be be able to block or allow based on categories (with
whitelisting/blacklisting allowed, IIRC).

kmw