[NCSA-discuss] windows firewall question

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Dec 15 21:05:08 EST 2011

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

> Here are a couple possible solutions:
>
> http://szymon.jez.net.pl/2009/09/16/whitelist-blacklist-filtering-and-a-firewall-for-windows

thanks. It's a windows version of ipfw. I've downloaded it
but not tried it out. The command line verson won't work for
a regular user. There's supposed to be a gui. I could use
this myself.

> http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php  #
> Under features is mentions "Malicious website filtering" which might help
>
> http://www.vipreantivirus.com/VIPRE-Internet-Security/
>
> http://www.codework-systems.com/products/currentware/browsecontrol/

these sites were thick with glitz. They're keeping the
useful info pretty close to their chests

> *Also, change that search to windows website filtering whitelist or
> something like that. Think you'll come up with a few more options.

will keep looking

Thanks Joe