[NCSA-discuss] SCO nfs

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sun May 6 05:44:54 EDT 2012

On Sat, 5 May 2012, Steve Wolfe wrote:

> ..  I am uncertain how serial terminals would run

I take it you're talking about the multiport serial card in
the SCO box, with a cable coming out of it as thick as your
thumb, that talks to the various Wyse terminals (at people's
desks (all looking like emulators running inside W95).

Brad suggested the serial card might be doing SLIP. I have
no idea what it's doing. I've only done SLIP over a phone
line before PPP. This was SLIP inside TCPIP. I don't know
what SLIP between terminals looks like.

Joe