[NCSA-discuss] SCO nfs

Steve Wolfe swolfe100 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 16:44:50 EDT 2012

one of the parts of this discussion that got lost in the dust is that
with hardware this old
  - a 2nd kit should be very inexpensive with old used gear.
  - Referbers abound and it would be worth while to bring up a 2nd box.

Yet the echos of low money / no money in this case is almost insane.
Interesting but insane.

He can't / won't afford even this conversation with you.
Yet if his box craters .. then what does he do?

Its a little like a job interview I had 3 years ago where a IT
department of 100 got shrunk to 10 and had barely managed to keep
going.   My job would have been to replace the the jack of all things
Operating System -- and I am thankful that few could fill his shoes -
not I.