[NCSA-discuss] SCO nfs

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed May 9 01:19:27 EDT 2012

On Tue, 8 May 2012, Brad Oaks wrote:

> So if Linux can support the existing card, you're likely in business.
> But if not, there is at least hope of a path forward with new
> hardware.  If it were me, I would be tempted to build a new system
> with a new card so that you can test it without disrupting the
> production system.

I've never seen the serial card before and didn't know such
things existed. I didn't look at it closely except to note
the thick cable coming out of it and that there were several
W95 boxes talking to it through Wyse terminal emulators.

SCO has a VM appliance. I assume this serial card is
standard in SCO, so the VM appliance must hangle it.
Certainly when creating the new machine I'll have to build a
duplicate as an intermediate stage. Presumably these cards
are available somewhere still

Joe