[Trilug-ontopic] A Cisco question, but not a how-to IOS question

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 19:21:30 EDT 2013

My question is this: does anyone know of a database that can be downloaded
or any kind of API on Cisco's site that will allow a script to lookup if a
device has reached end-of-life based on either model type or serial number?
 We are talking about many thousands of individual devices and possibly
hundreds of type types so looking them up one at a time is simply not
practical.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.  The only way I can think to do it would
be a try to reach the model page on cisco.com and search for keywords like
"end of life".  That might be the only way to accomplish this but I am
hoping to find a more elegant solution.

Greg