[Trilug-ontopic] A Cisco question, but not a how-to IOS question

Stephen P. Schmidt II spschmidt at goofy.org
Sun Oct 20 15:02:24 EDT 2013

RSS feed maybe with a script?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/prod_end_of_life.html

I know lms does it but that costs.

Stephen

-------- Original message --------
From: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com>
Date: 10/19/2013  7:21 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: Technical discussion related to Linux and Open Source <trilug-ontopic at trilug.org>
Subject: [Trilug-ontopic] A Cisco question, but not a how-to IOS question

My question is this: does anyone know of a database that can be downloaded or any kind of API on Cisco's site that will allow a script to lookup if a device has reached end-of-life based on either model type or serial number?  We are talking about many thousands of individual devices and possibly hundreds of type types so looking them up one at a time is simply not practical.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.  The only way I can think to do it would be a try to reach the model page on cisco.com and search for keywords like "end of life".  That might be the only way to accomplish this but I am hoping to find a more elegant solution.

Greg