[TriLUG] MailMan

jeremyp at pobox.com jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Aug 24 15:55:16 EDT 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Jeff Baldwin wrote:

> Hello Guys/Gals -
>
> Anyone familiar with MailMan?  I have a weird problem.  Users can go
> to my list, subscribe, receive a message to confirm that "they really
> want to subscribe" , but it ends there, the user replies.. as
> instructed.  But then never receives a confirmation that they were
> successfully added or how to post.  And in the Admin interface I go to
> "cleanup pending users" but it says no users pending.  However in
> /home/mailman/logs/subscribe I see the test accounts that I created as
> "pending".  Any ideas?  I'm very new to Mailman, so I'm just plain
> lost :-).

Have you made the aliases correctly in your MTA?  In sendmail, after
adding them to /etc/aliases, remember to run "newaliases".  Is the list
itself working with users you add manually?

Also you might check the MTA's logs (like /var/mail/maillog for RH's
sendmail) to see if the mail is properly being delivered to mailman.

--Jeremy