[TriLUG] Ethernet DSL modem...

Don Brady dbrady at pobox.com
Sat Aug 25 15:18:47 EDT 2001

David Cowan wrote:

>Being the impatient kind of guy that I am, does anyone
>out there know where you can buy an ethernet DSL modem
>in the Raleigh/Durham area? Some place I can walk in,
>pay a living, breathing, human being, and walk out
>with it?

I have an old Alcatel DSL modem but I am not sure it work if your
account is set up for PPPoE,. which is the way BellSouth.net wants all
new DSL accounts set up.

Some people have cajoled them into providing an Ethernet DSL modem but
it is not easy.

Telocity/Direct resells the same BellSouth Corp raw DSL that
BellSouth.net does and does come with an Ethernet modem, so you could
switch to it.  It should be available in exeactly the same locations as
BellSouth.net service.