[TriLUG] Configuring disks under Linux

Daniel T. Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Mon Sep 24 22:30:34 EDT 2001

What type of controller is it running on, VIA? Intel? Make sure you have
support for it compiled into your kernel.

For the time being I'm tracking Rik's VM instead of Linus/Andrea's
mainline ones. The -ac tree also has the advantage of being a bit more
stable for me and allows me to pass ``append="ide0=ata100"'' (which
Linus's doesn't) to LILO.

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key: www.cs.unc.edu/~chenda/pubkey.gpg.asc