[TriLUG] different versions of 7.2 for sale]

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:23:13 EDT 2001

>To hear this makes me sad. It seems as RedHat was the best hope at the
>present time to take the Desktop Market by storm

Why makes you sad?

One team (RedHat) is polishing corporate skills on Linux, while other teams
(Gnome, KDE) polish desktop skills on Linux.

Also, I do not thing that Linux needs to take the Desktop Market by storm.
All that I want is Linux to be more reliable, more capable and more
dependable. I do not intent everyone to use it. Monopolies are just as bad
in any side of the line.

I just want the best thing that I can get. And both Red Hat, Gnome and KDE
(and many, many others) are providing exactly that. Coincidently, more and
more users and companies are switching to Linux.

I think that this is a good thing.

Salut,
Sinner