[TriLUG] Fastest file system?

Adrian Likins alikins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 16:04:16 EDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 11:06:53AM -0400, Dana Smith wrote:
> Which file system has the fastest R/W performance? We're running Red Hat 7.1.

	well, more than likely, my answer was going to be ext2 and maybe ext3.
Regardless of the details. But then, I'm a bit conservative when it comes
to filesystems.

	I think more details are needed before a good recomendation could
be made. faster r/w for bulk transfers? or a high i/o transaction rate?

	Are you currently having fs related scalibity issues? If so,
what kind?

Adrian