[TriLUG] Re: [Steering] Next Meeting Idea...

Christopher Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Wed Oct 31 06:14:06 EST 2001

Well, remember that I love Dell.  I just now have some real gripes about them.

My 1st Generation NVIDIA 256 card blew up on Wednesday of last week.  Over
Heat due to dust.  (New crusade, get rid of dust in computers)  no problem,
got a new card from Intrex.  GEForce 2 MX (late second gen card)

Well, I put it in, the system won't POST.  Grrr.  Call Dell.  Apparently it
isn't recognizing the card.  They blame the card.  But wait!  I put the card
in another system,  Whee... it works!.  More Arguing, research, turns out the
OEM MB they put it isn't quite standard AGP.  so I have two choices... return
to a older slower card or get a new MB.  :)

Got an Athlon 1500 with 512 MB RAM and a case for ~475  from Intrex.  (This
brings my total RAM to just below 1 G.)

In any case, I've been playing the reinstall blues.  But she's fast!

CJK