[TriLUG] Re: X-box

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 16 19:02:06 EST 2001

I'm mystified that these boxes don't just use the VCR+ system of entering
programming info. It's available in every TV Guide and newspaper TV listing
FREE (Oh, I know why--They couldn't make more money by doing it that way,
instead they chose the Microsoft way--RENT THE LISTINGS!! with a fee that
will actually make the rental fees exceed the cost of the TI-VO!! They ought
to just give the things away so they'll make even more money from the
general public (hackers excluded :-))