[TriLUG] OT: Lord of the Rings

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Mon Dec 17 16:24:25 EST 2001

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 10:43, Michael Mueller/bhu5nji wrote:
> : I'd love to go, but with a baby it just isn't really practical...
>
> Have you tried holding screaming baby while banging in
> code/scripts/commands?  I can be done.  Mama appreciates the break.
> Baby goes to sleep in your now dead-of-all-feeling arm.  Stupid
> problem you're working on seems less important and lo-and-behold,
> you solve it.  Technique will probably not work well with theater
> movies, however.
>
> Mike

Actually, yes I have.  It certainly makes coding interesting.

We actually have had a small bit of success taking him to a movie.
We went to see Monster's Inc. just before Thanksgiving.  We chose
a 1 o'clock showing (at the Wynnsong Theater, no less) and
took him with us.  He watched all the previews and then started
feeding and then went to sleep.  No trouble at all.  We figured
that movie was a good choice because it was likely to have
a lot of kids in it anyway (although much older ones).  It turned
out that the kids there were much more noisy than my little one.
I don't think it would work very well, however, for LoTR.

Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace at wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/

 History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times
 of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to
 endure.  --  Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1989