[TriLUG] setting the partition type?

M. Mueller/bhu5nji bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 22:39:11 EST 2001

> So far, I've followed the instructions and it _should_ be working - but
> isn't. However, I'm not sure I'm using the right key to invoke the
> hibernation.  IBM included about 40 pages of safety warnings, in various
> languages, but not a single page dedicated to functioning of the computer.
> I've had it for 4 months and still haven't figured out what all the special
> keys/lights mean. Apparently the docs were included in the Win2k
> installation, which I promptly deleted.

Thanks for the info.

Hmmm, same thing with the Presario.  Got it last summer.  Docs were on disk
in a really slow IE-like experience.  Never could find the instructions on
how to get out of overstrike mode.  I finally rebooted and that got me back
to insert mode.

The Linux /KDE on laptop experience is beating the pants off the Windows
experience.  Lots of stability.  No daily multi-reboots.  My DSL connection
is acting like a, well, DSL connection.

Mike