[TriLUG] Computer Tech Wars (was Outline prop Linux for Business)

Kim Green kndrkim at employees.org
Tue Jan 15 13:47:43 EST 2002

What I was thinking was one or two computers of identical hardware (one
low end like a Joe Shmoe blue collar homeowner would have, one
regular/high end) per team.  Or we can just have a pile of
hardware with enough for 2 sets of everything.  Then we time how long it
takes the teams to get the computers to do a designated task.

Whoever thinks up the task has the responsibility to confirm that the
hardware/software available for the team will function.  That is, check
the hardware compatability for the software provided, and be sure there's
no direct incompatibility between hardware bits.

Have each participating LUG think up their desired prize in a set price
range.  Then, whichever team wins gets their prize as soon as it can be
procured.

Obviously both the hardware/software and the prize would depend on how
much support can be scraped up.  If we do team shirts we can have the
sponsors (individuals, LUGs, businesses) on the back and team logo on the
front.

Kim...