[TriLUG] ethernet cards

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Tue Jan 22 11:04:20 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 10:55, gregbrown at mindspring.com wrote:
> Quesion for 'yall.  I've looked at the supported hardware for my flavor of Linux but I'd like to know if anyone has done any real stress testing of various ethernet cards and which is the most highly reccomdned for use with a Pentium (II) processor (card must support full-duplex 100 meg ethernet).  The system itself is running RH 7.1.

I don't have any information on stress testing, but I would warn you to
check for compatibility before buying anything. In particular, I
recently went through the pain of finding a supported ethernet card at
Best Buy. The Linksys LNE100TX *was* supported, until they changed the
hardware without changning the model number. Same goes for the D-Link
DFE-530TX. I own both an LNE100TX and a DFE-530TX, the older versions,
and they work great, but I don't know where to buy them anymore.

I'd suggest "y'all" as the preferred spelling. :^D

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\