[TriLUG] possible OT -- Hardware request

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Sat Jan 26 07:40:02 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 21:37, Robert martin wrote:
> My situation is i currently have onboard (intel 815) video and my
> hauppauge tv card
> also bttv so if i do a video card (to pick up tv output and better vid)
> it will need to have the tv chips on it (i would yank the tv card during
> the vid card install). the ati boards should "just work"?

If you plan on yanking the Hauppauge card, you need to get something
with a builtin tuner, which is pretty much the ATI All-in-Wonder series.

I don't know if these "just work" or not - it's worth looking over the
Video4Linux documentation & websites to see. If the Hauppauge already
works, unless you need to free up the slot, I'd just use that, and put
the saved $$ into a good card.

if you *MUST* remove the hauppauge card, thn the All-In-Wonder is the
way to go - juct be sure to get one that's supported!

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9