[TriLUG] status of email

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Sat Jan 26 09:21:29 EST 2002

Alright, supposing we don't find a processor, I can probably order one.
Is a PII enough power?  I've seen several online for under like $50.

Although we have some duplication, I'd like to roll with that.
Basically, I'll gather all the stuff from each of you, assemble a PC out
of it, fall back on the donors and my own meager funds for any pieces
I'm missing and then arrange a time next weekend (hopefully) with the
email-experts to arrive at inflo along with a *person with the proper
karma*.  If anything doesn't work I'll have extra components to match
it.  I'll return all unused components at the next TriLUG meeting (cause
I sure as hell don't want them on my shelves! ;-) ).

If those of you who offered hardware can email me directly at
acoliver at nc.rr.com include the *what*, your email and your phone number.
The list of people as far as I captured was:

Hariharan Gopalan - Case
Brent Verner     - Power Supply/case
Andrew Perrin	  - Video card, NIC, Floppy
Justin Johnson    - Video Card, memory, 2x NICs,
Elliot Badham Peele - ribbons, brackets and ram (oh my)
Chris Merrill     - NICs, CD-Rom, video card

So if you're on this email send a mail to acoliver at nc.rr.com or
acoliver at apache.org they both go to the same place.  If you're not on
this list, but have something useful then email me as well (Especially
processors).  Please include your phone number.

Lets get the machine built first.  (And if someone needs this experience
far be in from me to deprive them, my plan is to construct the box, load
and OS on it to see if it will boot, the installer can reformat it from
there).  Once the box is built we'll arrange the time to install it.  If
there are more than one qualified (meaning they will install it and
provide support as needed and can show up at the decided upon time)
email experts with strong opinions then we'll hold a vote among those
who donated equipment or funds to this effort. (those who DO..) Sound
fair?

Kevin, Jon, any special requirements from inflo especially for rack
mounting etc?

Thanks,

-Andy
--