[TriLUG] Re: Wachovial Online Banking - BofA works fine!

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 17:00:51 EST 2002

roskam at mindspring.com wrote:
 > added for future funtionality.  Cost and number of customers affected would
 > drive what future funtionality is fixed.  I have been involved in many

Too bad that you'll never know how many customers you have
lost due to these types of incompatabilities...since they
won't be hitting your website anymore.  Sometimes when
customers leave, they just leave.  No screaming, no letters.

FWIW -
Bank of America online banking works fine from Linux...
Netscape 4.x, Mozilla/Netscape6 and Konqueror.
I and my employer both use BofA and use Linux for
accessing the accounts online.

Their ATMs are a whole other story...they are using a skinned
IE interface (they ATMs play videoes, music, and have fancy
graphics).
We watched a poor old lady become very confused when the
ATM popped up a 'javascript' error and then blue-screen :>
She couldn't figure out what she had done wrong  :(

I'm afraid we didn't help much - since we could barely
control our laughter...I hope she didn't think we were
laughing at her  :o

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com