[TriLUG] Question on mouse problems with a kvm and X

Reginald Reed reginald at cisco.com
Thu Mar 14 13:38:37 EST 2002

Does the mouse work plugged directly into the machine?  I'm running RH
7.1 (has been 7.2 with no issues too) on one box, RH 6.2 on another,
Win2k/FreeBSD and my laptop WinXP/Linux on a Belkin Omnicube with no
issues at all.

When I see mouse issues like that in X it usually ends up being a mouse
protocol problem.  Are you using a USB->PS/2 adapter by chance?  I know
of MANY people that have had issues with the adapters and KVM switches.

--Reggie