[TriLUG] Raid array

JoJo Almario jalmario at intrah.org
Wed Mar 27 15:16:32 EST 2002

I have a server I am building right now and I have a rack mounted raid array
chassis with three drives that I want to hook up to it. The RAID card I will
be using is an Adaptec SCSI RAid 3200s.  BTW there are 4 drives in the server
and three in the array.

Here is what happens.  As I load RH 7.1 it recognizes the hdd in the server
which are hooked to the mother board scsi interfaces, but not the hdds that
are hooked to the  array chassis which is hooked to the RAID card.

The vendors said i have the right harddrives for the array, so I am thinking
I must be missing some driver or some configuration.

Has anyone tried something like this before?  Is there a Linux doc or RedHat
doc that gives good detail on this?

JoJo