[TriLUG] SuSe 8.0 and 3Com PCMCIA card?

Robert Floyd r.floyd3 at verizon.net
Fri May 3 12:42:27 EDT 2002

I'm about to upgrade to SuSe 8.0, but have seen several newsgroup
postings describing problems with the 3Com 3C589D PCMCIA Ethernet card.
I have a 3C589C that works just fine with 7.3. Is anyone here running
SuSe 8.0 with this card? If so, what are your experiences?

As a slight OT followup question: I don't see much reference to SuSe on
the mailing list. Is there a reason for this, other than the fact that
this is Red Hat country?

For the record, I would love to run RH, especially since I work a couple
of buildings down from them, but I never could get it to work properly
with my notebook display. After a while, I just got tired of having the
whole display shifted up 1/4" and went with SuSe, which works perfectly
with my notebook.

TIA,
Robert Floyd
Durham, NC