[TriLUG] Redux: roadrunner and static ip -- port forwarders

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Wed Jun 5 19:27:50 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 19:30, H Brett Bolen wrote:
> are there any port forwarders ( like ssh, only unencryped), that I
> could run on a fixed ip machine.

I run an openbsd firewall with three network adapters.  The first two
are probably obvious to you.  The third is for a DMZ network where the
publicly available servers would sit.  You can use pf in OpenBSD to
forward ports from the firewall to any host you want.  Unless the
protocol requires otherwise (like ssh), you can forward from one port to
a totally different port on another host.

I'm not really running any servers per se but it gives me a nice secure
way of getting into my home network from work if I need to.