[TriLUG] why run open source OS on oddball old hardware? (LONGDIATRIBE)

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 19 17:28:00 EDT 2002

Hello

Find me some goodies.  I am always on the lookout for sparc and ppc
equipment.

JD

"Justin Johnson" <justin at eCotton.com>@trilug.org on 06/19/2002 05:36:36 PM

Please respond to trilug at trilug.org

Sent by:    trilug-admin at trilug.org

To:    <trilug at trilug.org>
cc:
Subject:    RE: [TriLUG] why run open source OS on oddball old hardware?
       (LONGDIATRIBE)

> I might have some interesting handouts at the next regular TriLUG
> meeting.  Once I'm sure I'll be in town I'll confirm whether
> or not I'll
> be there.
Cool! Only issue is my wife is in class on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
until the end of July, so I am required for kiddie chasing. But if need be
could haul him out there for a little bit I guess.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, the business next to my mother and fathers
business ships older systems over seas for recycling. Maybe there are gems
to be found there...

Justin