Dead batteries... aren't very much fun (was: Re: [TriLUG] UPS Batteries)

William W. Ward wwward at pobox.com
Thu Aug 29 12:05:33 EDT 2002

I don't think they handle disposable batteries (that is to say, batteries
that are manufacture with the intention of being chucked in the landfill,)
but they do take nickel cadmium and lithium-ion and nickel metal hydride
cells.

The link below should take you to their store locator page.  Call them and
ask, it would seem desirable to recycle all types of batteries if such a
process were practical.  I know the larger lead-acid cells have been
recycled for many years, and there is a big campaign by some organization to
coax people into recycling their consumer electronic battery packs as the
metals within are more troublesome than the traditional alkaline cells.
http://www.batteriesplus.com/locator.html

I'm not specifically interested in promoting this store above others, but I
don't have any experience or knowledge of other vendors in the area - and my
experiences with this particular vendor have been very good.

Bill