[TriLUG] Questions on dyndns.org

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Thu Oct 3 09:50:23 EDT 2002

If I understand your question correctly, yes.  I presently own a netgear
router which has built in support for dyndns.org service.  Using that I
host a simple website, at times an ftp site, and ssh.  In my route I
just have to make sure that it forwards requests on different ports to
the appropriate box on the LAN with the service.  The biggest challenge
might be making sure you set up the right hostname on the internal LAN
so that other SMTP servers don't bounce your email do to mismatched
hostname lookups.  This the route uses NAT no reason you couldn't do the
same with a Masq Linux box and a similar setup.

-David